XXLGaming Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chit Chat > Off Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CONTEST: Win An Embroidered XXLGaming Shirt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CONTEST: Win An Embroidered XXLGaming Shirt
    Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 3:38pm
Ok folks while Cougar is gone "I" figured we could still have alittle fun...Below you see my XXLgaming shirt with my name...well, this is not what I am giving away. Although, I will give a XXLgaming shirt away with either your gamertag or name which ever you prefer...My shirt is obviously a girls polo and since Rick is away and cannot show his but is a mans polo...same color.

Here's the contest: I want to know how long you have been a member of XXL, why you chose XXL and why you have stayed...make your stories good gamers...I'm giving you a week to write your stories...So, Saturday March 3rd at 11:59 PM...I will post the winner...Oh and I will be asking Rick's son and mine to be helping me choose to make it fair of course!!!! Have fun, I'll be anxious to read your stories. GOOD LUCKWink

Edited by CrazyCougar - Feb 26 2012 at 4:25pm
Tami
TamiCMT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 10:06pm
Thank you to those who have posted their stories to my inbox so far. However, I have tried to respond to a few but they're inboxes are full and can not receive anymore messages. Just letting you know a few of you have brought a tear to my eye and I'm sure Rick will enjoy reading them when he gets back.
Tami
IMhiLARRYous View Drop Down
Superstar
Superstar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMhiLARRYous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 10:33pm
hey tami, I just wanted to let you know, Thanks for this contest. Its really incredible that a simple idea was taken serious for those members that have been here and stay here. We love what you and Rick do, so thank you.
TamiCMT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by IMhiLARRYous IMhiLARRYous wrote:

hey tami, I just wanted to let you know, Thanks for this contest. Its really incredible that a simple idea was taken serious for those members that have been here and stay here. We love what you and Rick do, so thank you.

You are welcome...You all mean alot to us and believe me if we could we would give you all somethiing just to say thank you for being so loyal.
Tami
TamiCMT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2012 at 6:26pm
Everyone is doing such a great job...thank you for your participation!!!!
Tami
TamiCMT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 12:08am
As promised it is now 11:59pm and it is time for me to post the winner of the embroidered XXLGaming Shirt...I want to first thank everyone who participated and let me tell you this was really really hard for me to choose. I am so thankful for the loyal members who come to this site. But anyways after reading everyone's story over and over again I have decided to go with JD 1010 RU for the winner. Thank you JD for submitting your story and congrats...Please PM me with a size, color and what name you would like for me to put on the shirt and oh yeah I need your address also.
Again, thank you everyone for participating. We will be having random contests like this a little more often.
Tami
CrackinBacks View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrackinBacks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 1:40am
I know the contest if over, but I'm going to post mine anyways ever though it's late. First thanks for the contest, that was pretty cool.  I'm not going to go on and on, but I will say, I've now been around a gaming site that Rick has been involved with for about 7 years...really it was shortly after I bought my first Xbox that I met Rick at the old XBGL....wow how time flies. Cougar was one of the main cogs that kept that site going, and honestly to this day one of my ALL TIME favorite leagues ever was for Pro Fishing Challenge. I can't tell you how many times playing those league tourneys, we just sat and laughed and didn't even worry about catching a fish!!  I still miss that game, and still hold out hope that someday we will get either a port of the original or a new version for 360.  Getting to  know Cougar was a blast, and well, when they did him dirty over at the "other" site, I naturally knew that I would follow him on his quest to build his own gaming site....and here we are years later.

I would genuinely like to thank Rick for all his hardwork and dedication he has put into building the XXL. I have never been associated with a gaming site that has given so much back to it's members as the XXL does.  All the prizes and contest giveaways, is truely incredible how Rick has gotten not only us gamers, but the actual game publishers to support the site like they do.  Also thank you to Ricks family for allowing him to put all the time and effort into XXL. I have met so many great people through XXL, and still think this is the best site related to gaming.  So I just want to say thanks again Rick, for all your hard work.  I am glad I followed you to XXL from the begining, and I will forever be an XXL member and support this site anyway I can....and I can still say with great pride...that I am NOT the oldest XXL member here....Hug

Edited by CrackinBacks - Mar 04 2012 at 1:46am
TamiCMT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamiCMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by CrackinBacks CrackinBacks wrote:

I know the contest if over, but I'm going to post mine anyways ever though it's late. First thanks for the contest, that was pretty cool.  I'm not going to go on and on, but I will say, I've now been around a gaming site that Rick has been involved with for about 7 years...really it was shortly after I bought my first Xbox that I met Rick at the old XBGL....wow how time flies. Cougar was one of the main cogs that kept that site going, and honestly to this day one of my ALL TIME favorite leagues ever was for Pro Fishing Challenge. I can't tell you how many times playing those league tourneys, we just sat and laughed and didn't even worry about catching a fish!!  I still miss that game, and still hold out hope that someday we will get either a port of the original or a new version for 360.  Getting to  know Cougar was a blast, and well, when they did him dirty over at the "other" site, I naturally knew that I would follow him on his quest to build his own gaming site....and here we are years later.

I would genuinely like to thank Rick for all his hardwork and dedication he has put into building the XXL. I have never been associated with a gaming site that has given so much back to it's members as the XXL does.  All the prizes and contest giveaways, is truely incredible how Rick has gotten not only us gamers, but the actual game publishers to support the site like they do.  Also thank you to Ricks family for allowing him to put all the time and effort into XXL. I have met so many great people through XXL, and still think this is the best site related to gaming.  So I just want to say thanks again Rick, for all your hard work.  I am glad I followed you to XXL from the begining, and I will forever be an XXL member and support this site anyway I can....and I can still say with great pride...that I am NOT the oldest XXL member here....Hug
Thank you for expressing the way you feel about Rick and the site. Late or not is was very nice...I personally have not been here as long as most. But, it did not take me long to see how loyal and faithful Rick's members are to him. Rick does spend countless hours and will be even more when it comes time to making changes and updating which I for one is very excited for. I will be having other contests in the future for you to have the opportunity to enter.
Thank you everyone for your dedication...Tammy
Tami
CrazyCougar View Drop Down
Board of Directors
Board of Directors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 2:18pm
Thanks so much for the kind words Steve. And to the others that submitted stories, thank you as well.

Most of all I thank everyone for continually supporting the site. I may have 2 guys on board to do programming and site work so very soon we could be going through a total overhaul of the site...INCLUDING OUR OLD STYLE LEAGUES! (NHL, TIGER, FORZA, MLB)

Stay tuned!

We will also be offering up XXL Shirts for sale like the one given away in this thread. The full price of $30 includes the embroidered shirt with our logo and your gamertag or name, your color preference (white and black look best) and shipping. Profit on the shirts (what little there is) will go towards the site upkeep, hosting, etc. I will start a thread specifically for anyone that wants to order one at anytime. Represent XXL in style!

No worries about the giveaways ending. We should have that covered but I do ask that you bring your friends over to XXL. I want to see everyone posting on a continual basis. Whatever topics you want. Talk about gaming, news, the world, your life, whatever.... The more chatter that is ont he site the more traffic and the more publishers love us and give us goods.

I will also be posting an Amazon Affiliate link soon. So whenever you buy something through Amazon, please click the link here and then do your shopping. The link will take you to a featured product on the ad, but you can continue shopping from there as long as you don't close out the browser.

Thats just a little on what to expect soon.

Edited by CrazyCougar - Mar 04 2012 at 2:18pm
PC76 View Drop Down
Superstar
Superstar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PC76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 10:17pm
Get the site ported to TAP A TALK Rick.  I mainly use to to view forums I visit, and it would be well worth it to have it available.  It makes it super easy to post, and view from mobile phones.  I love the site, and always will use it for all of my gaming needs, and wants but you have to do this...Please.
CrazyCougar View Drop Down
Board of Directors
Board of Directors

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyCougar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2012 at 10:22pm
Unfortunately, TAP A TALK is not compatible with this forum software. But I am looking at possible going to Invision Boards with the future overhaul. And i know that is TAP A TALK compatible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic